Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates, and PhD Students
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’). We expect our scholarship recipients to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
Please note: We only accept online applications.
More than scholarships - access to a Green network
- The scholarship department can assist you in getting in touch with experts in various fields, friends of the foundation and the regional as well as international offices of the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
- We support networking between our scholarship holders and provide an intranet platform for them.
Alumni stay in touch
- Alumni are invited to an annual “alumni salon”.
- There is a regular “Alumni Newsletter”.
- Many former scholarship holders go on to become partners of the foundation. Alumni take part in our selection committees or become liaison professors at universities in Germany and abroad.
Promotion of Young Talents
We promote those studying and graduating who have a positive attitude towards the goals of the Green project, share the fundamental ideals of the Heinrich Böll Foundation – democracy, ecology, solidarity and non-violence – and who take an active socio-political role.